RAD Corporation believes that Information and communication technologies can be a huge aid in the effort to build lasting peace, by helping people communicate, view information, make decisions, and understand each other better. In 2001, RAD Corporation helped some talented journalist, those now hold major positions in Pakistani Media Industry to launch Friends without Borders with following objectives:
- Holistic paradigm and inclusive approach.
- Global perspective treating civil society as one, over national and biased interest.
- Pluralistic vision over a monolithic vision. Community based approaches, involving all members and sectors.
- A positive approach: say what we want instead of what we don’t want.
- Develop concrete and sustainable mechanisms to end the culture of war and promote cultures of peace from the family level.
- Recognize the uniqueness of Youth as agents to build culture competence among people.
Friends without Borders (FWB) is a one of the most active NGO in Pakistan working at the grassroots level as well as national and international levels with the vision to promote cultures of Peace by initiating it from the family level to the national level and international level. The organization is consisted of journalists, human rights activists and peace-loving members of society. It works to render all possible help to foster peace, encourage an understanding of others, a sense of responsibility, empathy, readiness to cooperate and true sense of tolerance among the followers of different religions and sects. FWB is the first to focus on deepen understanding and relationships among the diversity of communities within the Pakistan and also increasing understanding and connections with the diversity of communities worldwide through information and communications technologies. This understanding focuses on linking the local to global by discovering how people live in other parts of the globe, but also exploring the interrelationships between all the activities we are involved with in the Pakistan and those taking place in other countries in order to tackle problems that affect the world collectively.
In 2008, the efforts of Friends without Borders were acknowledged by The Pakistan Institute for Parliamentary Services, PIPS.